2015/05/10

A Short Review: Sugarkiss by e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Set



So I purchased the E.L.F. Cosmetics Sugarkiss 100 Piece Eyeshadow Set. I am not going to swatch them because with my crappy lighting and phone camera, the swatches will be obsolete, if not misleading.

I got this palette mainly because I did want to have some colors out of my comfort zone such as blue, purple, bright pink and green, but didn't want to spend a ton of money on products that I'm not going to use very often. I'd rather occasionally work my way around a not-so-good quality product when I'm in the mood for some green eyelids rather than use crap ton of money on a quality eye shadow that I'll use like, twice a year.

Surprisingly, the shimmer colors are actually good quality. They are pretty pigmented, the texture is smooth, and the finish looks really nice. Keep in mind that eye shadows don't usually crease or come off on my eyelids, my eyeliners crease like crazy but eye shadows stay on me fairly well. If you have oily eyelids you may experience problems with its lasting power, I just can't say for sure. On the other hand, matte colors aren't really pigmented (which I expected from the price) but I can definitely make it work using primers and maybe a wet brush.

Pros:

  • You get 100 colors, 90 grams of product for only around $10.
  • Half of this palette are pretty neutral colors, so you don't just get too many bright colors, you get more colors that are good for daily use.
  • The shimmery colors are really great.
  • You won't have to buy another eye shadow for a good while.


Cons:

  • The matte ones aren't very good quality.
  • Maybe 100 colors, 90 grams of eye shadow is too much? I mean, I only have two eyelids.
  • The container isn't very sturdy. I'm scared that I'll break them.
  • Some of the colors are very similar to each other.
  • The colors lack red and orange. (You can see what color range they have before you buy, so check them out)
Overall I'm really satisfied and I think this is definitely worth its price. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...