2016/02/04

New Year's Resolution

I know, about a month late for that, right? Better late than never, I guess. So here are my resolutions:

1. Buy less.

So far I've lead a rather 'average' life which I now consider pretty consumerist. I came to realize that I have too much stuff, much more than I need. If I wasn't buying, I was thinking about buying. Honestly, I could probably live the entire year without buying anything except food and some consumables. I will refrain from buying anything at all as much as possible and when I do absolutely need to purchase something I will try to get it second hand or from thrift stores.

2. Declutter.

Not only will I stop gathering more unnecessary stuff, I'll get rid of the unnecessary crap I do not need. I set up a 'donate' box. Every day I let go of at least 1 thing. If it's still in good condition but I just don't need it, it will go to donate box, and every time I fill a box it is going to a charity. If it's not usable anymore and it's recyclable material, it will go to recycling bin. If it's not salvageable, it will go to waste :( 

3. Less, preferably near-zero waste.

Goes with #1. Some waste from decluttering would be inevitable, but you know what? Those things were already waste before I decided to get rid of them. The less I consume the less waste there will be, 

4. Stay off the Internet.

Kind of ironic that I'm writing this on the internet, but yeah. Internet can be very useful but it can lead to hours lost doing nothing actually productive. I'll only use it when I need to. Don't worry, I'll blog from time to time.

5. Study harder and manage time better.

I have a serious procrastination problem. The semester before last one I managed to do well in school but last semester I slipped. I really need to get my shit together.

6. See every film that screens at my university theatre.

This is one thing I've been doing since the beginning of the year. I've been keeping up so far. Not sure how much free time I'll have once school starts, but I'll try my best.

7. Read more.

Last year it took me way too long to finish a freaking book that should have only take 2 weeks tops. Less Internet, more books. Although I'll be reading mostly on Kindle so still sort of using the Internet but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...